Do your laminate countertops look tired, worn, or just plain ugly? You can change the color of laminate without replacing it! The process is simple, straightforward, and incredibly affordable. In the guide below, we’ll explain how you can change the look of your countertops with laminate countertop refinishing.
Change the Color with Laminate Countertop Refinishing
Laminate countertop refinishing is the perfect way to change the color of laminate without replacing it. In this process, we apply a special multi-step coating to the surface of the counters to make them look like new. You can change your countertop color or get the look of stone, all while paying a fraction of what you would for new countertops.
Benefits of Countertop Refinishing over Countertop Replacement
New isn’t always better. Most homeowners find that laminate countertop refinishing is a much wiser investment than new countertops. Here are some reasons to consider refinishing over replacement:
- Save materials and make use of what you already have. Why replace your countertops if they’re still in good shape? Just change the color/design with countertop refinishing.
- Avoid messy demolition. Demo sounds like fun at first, but it is a big mess to clean up. Demolition also runs the risk of damaging other items in your kitchen, like the cabinets or flooring. Countertop refinishing bypasses those risks and keeps your kitchen in tip-top shape.
- Get the look of stone for a fraction of the price. Even the most basic granite countertops are going to set you back several thousands of dollars. Countertop refinishing costs significantly less and still gives you the look of stone.
- Customize your countertops to perfectly fit your color scheme. You may not be able to find stone or manmade replacement countertops that perfectly fit your aesthetic. With countertop refinishing, you can choose the exact look and color scheme you want.
- Repair minor damages to your existing countertops. Your counters may not be that old, but they have damage that detracts from their appearance. We can repair these damages during the refinishing process, creating a beautifully smooth surface in the finished products.
How Long Do Refinished Countertops Last?
On average, refinished countertops last 5-7 years. However, your countertops could last significantly longer than that. Avoid abrasive cleaning agents to preserve your countertops, and use a hot pad or trivet under any hot pots and pans. Don’t trust cheap DIY kits. They do not have the same durability as professional countertop refinishing, and the results don’t look nearly as nice.
The talented team at Maryland Tub and Tile would love to transform your countertops! Get professional laminate countertop refinishing from a top-rated kitchen remodeling company. If you’d like a consultation, contact us at 877-717-8827.