Want to change out your bathroom tile without spending a fortune? The benefits of tile refinishing are many and it may be the perfect solution for you. The tile refinishing process resurfaces your existing tile so you don’t have to go through the stress of demolition and the cost of entirely new tile work. It’s an affordable and effective way to transform the look of your bathtub or shower. In the guide below, we will explain how tile refinishing works so you can get a better understanding of the option at hand.
Step 1 – Clean the Tile and Prep for Refinishing
The first step in tile refinishing is cleaning the surface of the tile. We use special tools and chemicals to eliminate oils, soap film, and other elements from the tile to create a smooth, clean surface to work on. Then we use abrasive products to prepare for refinishing. This creates a texture that helps the tile grip the new glaze, similar to how sanded wood holds onto paint.
Step 2 – Repair Damaged Caulking
Once the tile has been cleaned and sanded, we repair or replace damaged or missing caulking between the tub and tile. This allows is to refinish the tub at the same time we do the tile, so you get a cohesive, water-tight coating that makes bathroom cleaning a breeze.
Step 3 – Refinish the Tube and Tile
With all the prep work in place, we can spray the new coating onto your tub and tile. This process takes about 3-5 hours to complete from start to finish. You will not have to worry about a lingering odor in your home because we use a professional exhaust system to get rid of the overspray. In the end, you will have a gorgeous new bathtub or shower, backed by a five year guarantee.
The Benefits of Tile Refinishing
Trying to determine if tile refinishing is right for you? Check out these great benefits:
- You will spend significantly less on tile refinishing than you would on new tile.
- The coating covers your grout and your tile, so you don’t have to worry about mold and mildew buildup on your grout anymore
- Cleaning is fast and easy, with a smooth surface that goes all the way from the top of your tile to your tub – wipe it off with a washcloth and be done.
- The durable, high-gloss surface is just as strong, if not stronger, than the tile’s former coating.
- You can get a coating that is nearly any color you can think of – we just need to know what you’re looking for.
- Keep the same look and finish as your original ceramic tile.
- There is no demolition involved, making the process quicker, easier, and less messy than traditional tile replacement.
If you would like more information about tile refinishing, bathroom refinishing, or any of the other services available to you, feel free to contact us today at 877-717-TUBS for a free quote for your home.