Bathroom remodeling can get expensive, depending on what you choose to do. That doesn’t mean you have to spend thousands of dollars redoing your bathroom. With strategic remodeling choices, you can get a new look without a huge investment. Read on to learn how to remodel a bathroom for under $1,000.
Yes, You Can Remodel a Bathroom for under $1,000
The simple answer to the question is: yes, it’s completely possible to remodel a bathroom for less than $1,000. The key is to work with the features you already have and, more importantly, make them work for you. As long as your bathroom functions well, you can enhance the way it looks.
How to Save Thousands on Bathroom Remodeling
The right ideas can mean the difference between spending hundreds on bathroom remodeling and spending thousands. Here are some budget bathroom remodeling ideas that look great and don’t cost a fortune:
- Get the tile refinished instead of replacing it. New bathroom tile is expensive to install, and the demolition process usually opens a can of worms. You can bypass the hassle with tile refinishing. The new surface will cover your tile and grout, eliminating hard-to-clean grout lines. It’s a winning solution on all ends, and it’s available for an affordable price through Maryland Tub and Tile.
- Refresh the walls with a neutral paint color. If you have dated tile or features that you can’t work around, make the rest of the bathroom as neutral as possible. A fresh coat of paint can make any room feel renewed.
- Don’t get a new tub – refinishing your existing tub. Just like with tile refinishing, tub refinishing is a great way to make your bathtub look new without any demolition. Even though bathtubs seem inexpensive in stores, installing them is a costly nightmare. You’ll save a tremendous amount of money making use of your current tub.
- If it functions well, use it! This includes your vanity, countertop, cabinetry, and any other feature in the bathroom. You can paint or stain your vanity a different color. You can get your countertops refinished to look like stone. These are the choices that will save you thousands of dollars on bathroom remodeling.
- Remodel your bathroom in stages. If you want a complete bathroom transformation, plan it out in stages. You could spend $1,000 on Stage 1 and then spend another $1,000 on Stage 2 later on. You don’t have to change everything at once if that’s not what your budget will allow. Prioritize your needs and create a remodeling plan to accommodate them.
Budget Bathroom Remodeling Isn’t Always the Answer – Here’s Why
At Maryland Tub and Tile, we know how to transform a bathroom on a budget. Nevertheless, there are times when inexpensive solutions just won’t cut it. If your bathroom is in need of major repairs, those need to be addressed before you can remodel. The most beautiful bathroom in the world is insignificant if it doesn’t function properly.
We encourage you to evaluate your bathroom’s functional needs first. Then look for budget bathroom remodeling solutions to enhance it from there. The talented crew here at Maryland Tub and Tile would love to discuss your options with you. We offer tile reglazing, tub refinishing, shower pan refinishing, countertop resurfacing, and much more. Contact Maryland Tub & Tile online or call 877-717-8827 to schedule your free consultation.