How to Achieve Faux Granite Countertops with Countertop Refinishing
Granite is highly sought after because of its beauty, durability, and versatility. The problem with granite is that it is costly to install, especially if you have a tricky countertop layout. Did you know that you could refinish them to look like faux granite countertops? The process is easier than you think! Let’s explore some of the endless advantages to refinishing countertops.
How Countertop Refinishing Works
There are several steps that go into refinishing them to look like faux granite countertops, but none of them require demolition. You don’t have to remove your old countertops to make way for new ones. We install a new coating over your existing counters. Here’s how it works:
- One of our professional countertop refinishers comes to your home for an in-person quote. We will measure how large your countertops are and evaluate any repairs that need to be made.
- From there, we provide a free quote for countertop refinishing. You can look over color samples and patterns to create a custom design for your faux granite.
- We schedule a time to complete your countertop refinishing.
- We repair any chips or damaged areas in the countertops to create a smooth surface. Then we lightly sand the sealant on the counters to create a firm bond for the new glaze.
- We apply several layers of coating, including a base coat and speckled patterns to create the appearance of stone.
- Everything gets sealed with a top coat and left to cure. We recommend letting the countertops cure for at least 48 hours before using them, but curing times may vary by climate.
As you can see, the process is easy, fast, and completely customizable. That’s why we love refinishing countertops to look like granite. The results are always spectacular!
Refinished Countertops Cost Thousands Less Than Granite Countertops
Most homeowners shy away from granite because of its hefty price tag. Even a small kitchen can cost several thousands of dollars, depending on the type of granite and the overall cabinet layout. Countertop refinishing cost just a small fraction of that, but you still enjoy all the benefits of “new” countertops. You can use the money you save to make additional improvements in your home.
You Get to Choose What Your “Granite” Looks Like
Natural granite comes in a variety of shades and patterns, but at the end of the day, it’s the design of Mother Nature. You may not find the color or pattern you’re looking for. If you do, it may be significantly more expensive than a different slab of granite. With countertop refinishing, you can select the exact colors that go into your faux granite. Everything is customized to your liking.
No Tricky Installations or Lengthy Wait Times
The cost of materials isn’t the only cost you have to worry about with granite. Installation can be equally expensive because it requires special tools and skills. Moreover, natural granite takes a while to process, leaving you with an unfinished kitchen for weeks on end. Refinishing countertops does not take any additional installation, and it occurs in a matter of hours. Your remodeling can continue in no time.
Trust Maryland Tub and Tile for All Your Refinishing Needs
From refinishing countertops to refinishing entire bathrooms, we do it all here at Maryland Tub and Tile. We use state-of-the-art equipment to reglaze bathubs, sinks, counters, showers, backsplashes, and more. If you want your countertops to look like granite, we offer an array of design possibilities. If you just want to turn your dated tile to crisp white, we can do that too. Give Maryland Tub & Tile a call at 877-717-8827 to schedule your free quote for refinishing.